At many hospitals, nurses and doctors still manually check if there is a discrepancy between the drugs received by the patient and the drug intended by the prescriber. This process can be time-consuming and error-prone.
- When a patient is due for medication or infusion, a nurse visits the bedside, scans the patient barcode wristband with Chainway mobile computer to verify the patient ID, and then scans the barcode label on the medicine or the infusion pump being administered to identify the medication.
- Caregivers can also scan the barcode on their ID badge to create an automatic audit trail.
- Chainway mobile computer will send a positive voice or text response if the patient matches the medicine. Otherwise it will send a warning.
- Medical care continues only when the correct patient receives the correct drug intended by the prescriber.
- Throughout the patient treatment process, manual paperwork is created. Later on this needs to be archived to the patient’s record. Chainway mobile computer facilitates this recording keeping.
- Every barcode scanning creates an event, implying the care’s time, patient’s name, medicine’s dose, and other key information. This electronic update increases accountability.
1. Chainway mobile computer has a industry-leading barcode engine and a stable and fast wireless connectivity. It makes healthcare process fully digital, which allows for barcode scanning of a patient to confirm identity and barcode scanning of the mediation to match it to the patient and the prescription.
2. This intelligent identification of patient and medication eliminates any possible human errors, creates a safer medical environment, and brings a more efficient clinician workflow.
3. It ensures the Five Patient Rights: right patient, right drug, right dose, right method, and right time.